Niacinamide, also known as nicotinamide is one of the most searched skincare ingredients in 2023. It belongs to the vitamin B3 family. This powerhouse ingredient is for people of all ages, and the best part is that it is incredibly versatile.
Niacinamide products come in different concentrations, each with its own perk. Let's explore some benefits Niacinamide brings to the table:
- Prevents Pre-mature Aging: Niacinamide at a 5% concentration is your anti-aging sidekick. It helps with Photoaging, Fine lines, and Hyperpigmentation, showing visible results in just 2-3 months. While higher levels of concentrations are available 5% is the sweet spot to avoid overdoing it and potential skin flushing.
- Reduces Acne: Acne can be challenging for many people but Niacinamide comes to the rescue by reducing breakouts and minimizing the appearance of acne scars.
- Helps Skin Barrier: The Skin Barrier is the outermost layer of your skin. Niacinamide at a concentration of 2% helps improves the barrier function and increase the production of ceramides. It is also known for reducing Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL).
- Brightens Dull Skin: Dullness can be caused by various factors, but Niacinamide helps revitalize your skin, leaving it hydrated, plump, and glowing.
- Minimize the appearance of Enlarged Pores and Skin Texture: Large pores and uneven skin texture are natural but can make your skin look unhealthy and older. Niacinamide steps in to minimize those pores and smooth out your skin by reducing excess oil production.
- Reduces Hyperpigmentation: Niacinamide is also known for reducing dark spots from sun exposure, melasma, and It also functions to minimize the transfer of melanin production.
In a nutshell, niacinamide is a versatile ingredient that tackles multiple skincare concerns, making it our absolute favorite.